Sunday, June 19, 2011

Southwest Chicken Pasta Casserole

Jared believes in premade meals from the frozen department and coming home and nuking them for dinner. Me, not so much! But he picked something I would've totally snubbed my nose at and kept walking. But because I wasn't with him when he made this purchase, I couldn't prevent it. And I'm glad that was the case. It was SOOOO good!

With each bite, I was seriously trying to pin point every ingrediant so that i could make it myself. Which is what I did. This is what I came up with:
1pkg of penne pasta boiled and cooked.
1lb of cooked diced chicken breast.
1 can of cream of celery or c.o. mushroom
16 oz sourcream
1/2 pkg of taco seasoning
grated cheese
crumbled up corn/flour chips.
Add all but the cheese and chips and pour into casserole dish Top with crushed chips and grated cheese. Cook at 375' for about 20-30 min.

You'll LOVE it!
Note: I originally used a full packet of taco seasoning and it was too much. SO that's why I cut that amount in half. If you do use the full...it's still really good and the kids gobbled it up! Seriously surprised me! Not a flavor you imagine with pasta but it worked wonderfully. I think I'll go make some right this minute!

1 comments:

Adrienne said...

I make an Alfredo that is similar to this with taco seasoning, chicken and pasta. (it's the chicken al a fuente on my food blog) I don't bake it though. This looks good and would even be yummy if you added peppers, black beans, tomatoes...if you like that sort of thing. I like the idea of chips cooked on top! Yum.