Thursday, March 24, 2011

One Two, buckly my shoe

This cake is part 1 of 2.

 Although, the only thing both "parts" will really have in common, is their funky shape. Or...better known as "Topsy Turvy".
 It's supposed to look like it's all wobbly and topsy, but the way they are made...they are actually quite level.
 Google it. You'll see how it's done. This was my first attempt at a topsy turvy, and I used a LOT of references to make sure I wasn't screwing it up.
 I've always wanted to play with diamond shapes, and this was the perfect excuse! Topsy Turvy's are traditionally decorated with stripes and diamonds. (Or at least, that's what I've found to be the case. So I decided that that was traditional.)
 This cake is for a childhood friend who's little girl is turning two next month.
Little Harlowe gets to have her 2 year old pictures taken with this cake. THEN..... have ANOTHER cake made for her party next month. What a lucky little gal! ;o)


*any questions on how I did something....feel free to ask. I'll tell ya.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Wow Aud. That is a fabulous "Aud Cake"!

Adrienne said...

love this! did you use a diamond cookie cutter? If so where did you get it? I'm having a heck of a time finding one. Love the little purple flowers to!