Thursday, January 6, 2011

And so it begins...

I think I'm ready for this! My first order of the year came short notice, but I love that because I was able to see what I was able to come up with in such a short amount of time. Kind of gave me an idea of how I'll be able to handle orders and deal with kids and other responsibilities. It was totally fine and I had PLENTY of time. The figures has enough time to dry and I wasn't rushing.

 The idea given was "Planes, trucks, and cars". And the rest was up to me.
 Like the frog cake, I wasn't sure on if I was going to like it when I first started covering it. And like the frog cake, LOVED the outcome. I need to be patient with myself and just keep heading towards the vision I originally had.
 It wasn't until the trees and bushes and stripes on the road when I started to be ok with it.
 Then the road signs added that much more to it. And it started to feel right.


 Upon delivery, the little guy here was in a fatal accident. It was all I could do to pick up the pieces. *hahahahaha...coincidence?

Every sporty car needs a spoiler. After looking at the picture, I wished I would've made a license plate with some clever vanity plate...

ehhh...next time.

6 comments:

Barry said...

Another winner!!!!
Good work.

Alisha said...

Wow Aud. You outdo yourself everytime. I hope you're charging an arm and a leg for your talent here!

Affirmation Two said...

ditto Alisha

lucky river.

Ang said...

Nothing short of amazing like always! I am excited to see what your mind will come up with in the future! I am placing an order soon! I am going to say for the month of Feb. I will get back to you about it. I feel like I want to order an cake every month with a different theme to see what you will do.... I think I am more excited about this than you are! LOVE YOU! love your kids MORE! ;0)

Bret and Sarah said...

Yes! Lucky River, indeed!! Thank you SOOOOO much, Audrey! we absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVED the cake! You did SUCH and amazing job! I took 10 billion pictures! I can't even imagine the time and effort you put into it! WELL DONE!
Don't worry, Alisha...it was a job very much appreciated!! :)

Jenni said...

Wow! You are amazingly talented. Too bad you don't live closer. I'd hire you to do all my family members birthdays!