I haven't posted about any of Eli's antics for awhile. So I wanted to post before they were forgotten.
On this particular morning. It was SOO cold out. But he wanted to go out and "enjoy the outside". I figured there wasn't anything wrong with that. Put on a coat and he was good to go. But then he left the house with a blanket. Then he came back for the rest of his bedding and pillow. Then he decided he needed his booster for something soft to sit on. It later became his prop for his pillow.Dylan had to get in on the action as well, and to avoid any unneccessary whining, I allowed him out for a short time as well. But it was SOOOO cold! These pictures do a terrible job at portraying that. But it was C.O.L.D.!
What I didn't plan on was Eli taking his shoes and coat off, so he "get warm in the blankets". When Dylan started taking his coat off, I decided they had been out long enough.
He just couldn't understand WHY. But then I couldn't understand WHY he had to go out that particular morning and lay out.
*************************************************************************
Eli came and asked me if he could have the grocery bags after we returned from such a trip. So I let him have them.
I walked in and found him sitting on the floor with all these bags and scissors. Before I freaked with him having scissors, I asked him what he was doing. "Cutting the handles off". "Why?" "Because I'm making something."
"What are you making?" "It's for my friends." We had a playgroup date that day. "What is it?"
"A parachute".
He had cut off all the handles. Then cut down each side of the bag so you could flip it open. Then he took a corner and tied it to another bag's corner. After he did that. He had to tie the handles back on for them to hold onto.
The boy is genius. He plans before hand HOW he's going to make something. And how it will work. Any ideas on types of classes to put him in to allow for this kind of creativness to expand? Plus, he's REALLY good at tying knots! Sometimes too good.
2 comments:
I swear there is alot of Great Grandpa Wadsworth in him. That day of he and G-Grandpa Earl having a chat right before he died, was certainly 'a sharing of the minds'. (I'm so glad I took that picture)
Can't you all see the creativity in common?
Love you Elias!
You are so-o-o smart!
Miss you,
GrandMOM
There is something really great about sitting in the cold all snuggled in blankets. Only, I wouldn't have shed those inside layers...silly boy.
Post a Comment