Sunday, December 19, 2010

Over the River and through the farms...

A few highlights from our quick christmas trip to Idaho. It was a last minute decision that was greatly appreciated. The kids are always excited to see the cousins and I'm loving the relationships they have with each other.

I caught Corbin brushing Eli's hair and by the time I grabbed my camera, they were finished and on their way to show everyone. As they ran past me, I brushed Eli's head with my hand (on purpose, I know!) just to mess it up so that Corbin would take Eli back in to the bathroom and fix it. Which he did. And I equipped with my camera to capture the moment I almost missed!
Jane attached to Jaden like a starfish to coral! When he was laying down on the couch, she was laying with him. If he was up walking around, she was holding onto his hand. If he sat down, well.....you can see what she did. I thought it was so sweet, but I'm sure Jaden was thinking otherwise. His tolerance was awesome with her! LOVED that about him.
Miriam liked him too. But not nearly as clingly as Jane.

Unbeknownst to me or anyone else for that matter, Natalee planned for the kids to act out the nativity while Joe read it. Towels and ties always make for the BEST costumes!
Poor Talmage was having a ROUGH night! (molars coming in) And Oli and Liz took turns holding him. I remember very clearly my wisdom teeth moving and my complete sympathies were aimed at him majority of the night.

Two reasons I love this photo. 1. It's grandpa. The man who started it all! 2. Liz looks so content in his arms, just as anyone in this family would feel.
Without even being asked, the "boys" have ALWAYS stepped up to help Grandma and Grandpa out safely to their car after the party. Joe was out on the porch waiting for Grandpa to finish his goodbyes. And with Grandma gone now, the loving gesture continues.


Liz looks HOT in this pic and Talmage is actually happy. (for a minute) He is such a fun kid. I haven't really been around him enough to get an idea of what his personality is like. But he's pretty outgoing when he isn't hurting. Such a sweety.
So much to do is such a short visit. Naps just didn't fit in the schedule. Dylan took a good 20 min power nap and then was off to play again.

It was a great weekend. Of course. And I wish I had more time to spend one on one.
Maybe next time. oxo

3 comments:

Barry said...

Sure enjoyed your coming up. So did Grandpa.

GrandMOM said...

Thanks for coming up and relieved you arrived safely (both ways)!!!!

I think we ALL had a great time together. We are blessed with our wonderful family and greatful when we can get together! WE MISSED YOU ... Alisha, Eric, Genevieve & Emory! We had Great Fun, Great Food and Great Love together. Thanks Joe and Natalee for organizing & hosting it! Playing together showed how much fun it can be. We sure laughed alot - good for everyone.
Audrey, Thanks for posting & sharing your pictures!

It did alot of good for Great Grandpa to be a part of it with us. He was talking about it today while I was visiting with him this afternoon. Hope we still have a chance to get a picture with him and all our grandkids & kids in our family. That's a picture that would be priceless!

Love to all, MOM

Alisha said...

All I can think of when I see the 4th picture down is "NERDS!" But I wonder where the king of the nerds (aka Oli) was for the photo?