Friday, December 17, 2010

A Penguins Happy Abode

I wanted to show this technique that I learned. To cook your cake evenly, insert the rose nail that you could find in a cake decorating kit.

Grease it so it comes out easily.


This prevents your cake from dropping in the middle after taking it out of the oven. LOVE it!!!
I also tried this marbling effect for the first time as well. It went so well with my "wood grain" on Georgia's cake that Jade had the thought of doing the bottom layer with this. Making it look like water.
OOOOooooh SO Pretty!

Had to keep the left overs and make stuff out of it. It was just so cool. I'm glad I made these snowflakes. I used them on the cake.
Happy little helper. Of course!
My igloo was hollow inside and HAD to add  a fire inside! L.O.V.E. IT!
Each penguin is a person in this family. This is the 'teenager'.
Ashton's football friend Devan.
The fish "daddy" is trying to catch in secret. You'll see later.
SWEET young Jaylyn. (Sp?) I just love this girl. Always so sweet! And what says sweet better than a bundle of flowers.
The little one. CUTE! I was going to make a truck but I wasn't confidant enough to pull it off. SO blocks and a ball was used instead.
This shot is of mom and dad with their "arms" around each other. But dad has a hold of the pole with the other.
Snowflake...
Such a happy little family.
Finished igloo
TaDa~!~
The END~
Happy Birthday Jaymie!!!

3 comments:

Affirmation Two said...

thats one 'cool' cake :D

what do you make the icing out of? is it basicaly just sugar?

Alisha said...

Wow. Now I'm not sure if Dylan's cake or this penguin cake is my favorite. Awesome job. I can't belive that igloo.

Adrienne said...

love it {as always} great work on the details! and the swirly fondant...looks great!