Monday, August 2, 2010

I made another cake

...but I'm not impressed with it. I had a different picture in my mind and I'm only sharing it to for journaling purposes. The colors weren't as bright as I had hoped but I'm still learning with this fondant stuff. Since Angela's fondant flower turned out so well, I thought I'd make more decorations with it. I didn't have a proper star cutter so I was having to use a knife. Left the edges jagged. Hindsight, I should've used a piping bag for the frosting to stick the balls on and not just a butter knife.



It was made for a friend in St. George. A veteran. Hence the red white and blue. I do like the silver tinsel spray in the middle. Found it at a party store for less than a dollar.


1 comments:

Alisha said...

Looks pretty good for hand cut stars. My birthday is coming up...what traveling cake will I get, I wonder? Just kidding.