I'm enforcing a new rule in my house, simple but important. I don't want to find myself in this situation again.
No Toys Allowed In The Bathroom
Easy, right? Well now let me explain why because I know you know I won't deprive you of such a thing.
E.L.I. of course was involved. I'm so proud of how well he has potty trained. I think its even safe to say that he doesn't need a diaper for naps and bedtime. He's always dry. So this morning when he was taking care of business, I went in to assist with, uh, let's say, cleanup (?) The fascination of watching said act (#2) is something all my boys have gotten caught up in. Whatever...I'll blame it on the male species. (I've yet to hear of mykaels fascination, so again, I blame the guys.)
Anywho, I finished my part and was washing up when he decided he wasn't done yet. SO, I wait some more. At that point, Dylan came to "check this out", and I was starting to feel like too much interest was being used for my comfort. I scootched dylan on out and heard Eli say, "uh oh" and unconsciously remebered hearing a plop. I assumed an acceptable plop occured but instantly knew otherwise. At that point the toilet had been "filled" (if ya know what I mean) by my sweet boy And after investigating what unfortunate toy was now laying at the bottom (no pun intended) with other "stuff". First thought, Tongs. No way! NOT my pampered chef "tools". No amount of sterilizing could ever make me comfortable using them again. (That, and I'm now blogging about it now, so if you ever come and eat at my house, you would question. I assure you, the thought quickly passed. Wasn't really an option.) Next thought...garage. (sorry honey, I knew you'd understand. Consider it a hit for the male species to conserve ones "fascination".) Fortunately, a little stick I found in there, was chosen to perform the unspeakable act of retreiving such a "worthy" (not my definition) toy from the unknown. The rest was done quickly and I now have a stick in the trash and a toy in the sink.
Any suggestions on how to sterilize it?
Monday, August 10, 2009
Why does this happen to me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haha! I'm only laughing because I hear ya...I would bleach the crap out of it and run it through the dishwasher. Good Luck with the new rule. I know that rule is a struggle at our house as well.
Sanitize button on the dishwasher. If it isn't dishwasher safe toss it!!
Post a Comment