Sunday, August 9, 2009

The deep meaning of loneliness

Yesterday, we had a lot of family here visiting. But only for a brief time. To make up for that I cooked a big dinner. (Maybe with alterial motives.) Lots of food keeps people around, right? Not really but it was still nice. I even came up w some yummy healthy dishes that when I'm not so depressed, I'll share.

I had so many people coming and going that when all is over w, that instant emptiness quickly overcomes oneself. I am now w only two children while the others are making the most of what's left of summer. But the biggest contributor to feeling so alone is when Jared pops in "real quick". The reunion is always received so enthusiastically by little and big ones running up to see daddy. But before we know it, he's gone! Dylan no longer tells jared he loves him because that is what is said right before daddy hangs up the phone or leaves. He plain out refuses. Amazing how quick he made that connection at such a young age.

So while my husband and 3 of my children are not w me right now, I know the two I've got will keep me preoccupied. Until that happens, I will go take a nice nap and wake up happy.

0 comments: