Saturday, August 8, 2009

Well I sure showed me, didn't I? I get so bold as to tell you I have the ability to blog whenever and where ever I want and couldn't be stopped (or shut up). Sorry for renigging. One excuse I have is that my thought process no longer exceeds more than a sentence worth, thanks to facebook. When stories used to come to me before, I always thought "totally blog worthy". Now it's, "audrey feels like being lazy today."

Lots of blogs I've come to enjoy are turning their screens off (metaphorically speaking) and I'm sad to not have something to distract myself from the stresses of everyday life. And realized that I was no different. In a way I had abandoned my blog when I knew there are great people out there reading this insignificent blog (THANK YOU!!) As much as I really have nothing to contibute to your life, you can still read my rantings if its a place for you to escape. Promise! I've grounded myself from facebook till my thought process recovers.

First off, I wanted to tell you that if you've been wondering, Eli has just made known to me, that the moon is between his big and (index?) toes. I'll let you know when it is moved back to original orbiting position.

This week the weather dropped drastically in temperature and there's a crispness in it that notifies me (personally) that fall is just around the corner. That and school starts on 20th. Wow! Where did the summer go?! Oh yea I do know... mileage and gas. Loved seeing everybody, didn't love the countless hours of kids screaming in restrained seating while wishing I had the superpower of "blink travelling". Someday. Someday.

Also, I didn't plant a garden this year. HUGE regrets. Because I honestly thought we wouldn't be here for harvest so didn't see the point. Right now people are canning their beans and picking nice big squash and zuchini. Thank you friend for sharing a little of your "fruits". I have one tomato plant from mothers day and I have made sure it was happy and fruitful. Which it is. My pear tree had decided to take a "break" this year because there is but only a handful of fruit to pick. Last year branches were breaking and thinning needed to be done with all the fruit it sprouted. Its been really nice eating the pears my family helped can. Let this be a lesson to us all. Johnny apple seed and migrating pioneers planted gardens knowing they wouldn't benefit from the labors. But others did.

On a random topic, but not old. One of my fish is sick and I've gone to great lengths to treat it/all of them. Nothing has changed so I have to go get something else to try and fix it. Pray for him/her. Thanks to Eli's fatal attraction to fish I need a new sucker fish cause my tank is D.I.R.T.Y.! Pray for Eli as well.

That's going to have to be it for now, I don't want to push my luck with stretching my thought process. Injuries? No thank you.

Until next time.

1 comments:

GrandMOM said...

Nice to hear your thoughts again!

This summer did fly and the the weather in Idaho here at my house turned cold the minute that my brother & sister-in-law and Corbin (my grandson who came home with me) left Thursday afternoon. I guess this year summer is only one month long?

The temp has been in the 60's and lower, with thick clouds (looks and smells like snow clouds) rain and the Idaho Banshee Wind a blowin'! It is only the 8th of August!!
The high today in expected in the 60s again. Jackpot at 10:00 was only 44'. Seem too soon for me!
Love you!
MOM