...more approprietly less than 48 hours till race time.
I've done all I can do as far as "training" so because I kind of screwed up with days. (Should've ran today, but I ran yesterday) I'm going to go on a brisk walk and visit the ol' Chiropractor then just "chill" till they start the race saturday morning. I don't want to keep pushing myself because I don't need to be in so much pain come race day that I barely make it to the finish to watch my dad get his award for winning in his age group. ;o)
I ran 2 miles yesterday. The previous day of 3 was just crappy. No need for the repeat. The memory is burned into my mind.
Now you may be wondering why the chiropractor visit... One of my ankles feels out of place and so the other decided to join as well. AND because I want to make sure that everything is where it needs to be so that I can knock it all out again on "THE day". Kinda like building a tower with blocks JUST to see it come crashing down.
As like you, I'm sure, I am excited to see myself in such a pathetic state through digital imaging. And IF I can get my mom to put her camera down for two seconds and use my own to document this final stretch of a journey I so ignorantly started.
Thoughts:
* How do you "prepare" for rain? I'm going to get wet regardless, so I'll just wear what I've been wearing this whole time. Temp is suppose to be nice.
* Kind of nervous about running a "new route". With where I run now, I know where I've been and what I still have left to do. (but as Alisha so nicely informed me...they'll have signs up to tell me how far I've gone.)
* Let us all pray that Dad can get the time off to come run this race. HE needs to run it!!! Cause he's totally going to ROCK! Proud of you dad! Seriously!
* This is going to be fun! If people pass me...I will just hold my hand up in a friendly Hi. And then a nice thumbs up as they lap me again. (It's a loop kind of a route.)
* I WILL keep running after all is said and done, but maybe just not as frequently as I have been doing. And I think I want to run another 5k down the road. (there I go again, making decisions before I know what I'm talking about.)
I'll probably not post anything "running" related till after the race.
Wish me luck!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Day 13 of training OR
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Better sign up for another 5K today then...otherwise you might not after you've run tomorrow.
I am excited that we'll both be running on the same day...thousands of miles apart. I'll think of you and Dad during my run.
Today you should be drinking LOTS of water to hydrate your body. Eat a yummy pasta & meat meal for protein and carbs.
And remember, it will be over in 30 minutes or 40...but it isn't that long and you can do it.
Post a Comment