Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I can't NOT tell you HOW VERY EXCITED I am!

I posted not too long ago about Iris starts I got from my grandma in Idaho. And I have waited for a long time for them to open. I thought it was never going to happen.

They were just going to stay holed up in their warm little buds and open up VERY slowly.
So to check on them this afternoon. (I usually check in the mornings, but see?...I was convinced they would not be opening up anytime soon.)
I was quite plesantly surprised....to say the least.
I grabbed my camera and hubby called....ugh.... "Let me call you back! I've got pictures to take!"
Look at the sparkling edges!........gasp.........(If you have to double click...go ahead....it's TOTALLY worth it).........I didn't know they sparkled!!! *I told Ashton that the flower fairies came in the night and opened them up. That's why there are sparkles!
The fragrance....all I can say, "Sucks to be you! WOW!"
The excitement inside of me is just jumping! Trying to find it's way out!
I called my grandma! (Of course I did. I've drug her along this whole growing process. But I knew she'd be excited for me nonetheless.)
Grandpa said they had a really bad freeze last night and hope that they didn't loose too many of their own.
The fact that they are growing and blooming is exciting because, to me, I've preserved my grandma in a way that will ALWAYS bring her back to me....after she's gone.
I'm gonna go now....the excitement is welling up in my eyes.
When my next plant blooms, you will be the first to see it here. I've got 6-7 different varieties too look forward to. And I hope you do to!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

That is exciting! My iris bed is filled with weeds and has no buds as of yet...but we're like a month behind every other place on earth...maybe by the 4th of July???

GrandMOM said...

Looks like nice healthy plants, your doing a good job. Looks like you've got a green thumb.