Last night, my ward had a ball to honor the graduating high school seniors. We were able to get all dressed up and dance the night away. When I told the kids, Jaden jumped up and down with his hands clasped together and rather pitchy asked, "Can I dance with a pretty girl, can I dance with a pretty girl!?" Didn't expect that response, but, "Yes, of course." "YES!" and he took off to pick out what he was going to wear. (The kid is really going to be a romantic when he's older. He's got more chivalry than a butler.)
Then the two older ones had to teach the younger ones how to dress and act. There was even some dance lessons going on, but I don't recall who it was. (I was busy nursing my aching body after such a pathtic "run".) I had a couple of tuxedos from various events in the past 6 years, so Ash and Eli were set. Jade didn't need help picking out what to wear. The kids got class! Mykael wore a blue formal that she has been begging to wear since she got it. It's just been WAY to big. But with A LOT of safety pins, it fit and was modest. She loved it.
I have quite a selection to choose from (thanks to Dawn) and knew exactly what to wear. Mykael even wanted me to wear it before I told her.
I wanted a photo shoot before we left but the kids had already jumped in the car except for Jade who asked, "Do you want me to look like Coleman?" I laughed and said, sure....
I wanted a photo shoot before we left but the kids had already jumped in the car except for Jade who asked, "Do you want me to look like Coleman?" I laughed and said, sure....
I was able to take this right outside the church so here's proof they looked hot!
We made it to the ball on time and they all looked SO cute!
The first hour was spent making deals with friends to try and get the girl or boy to dance with them. Jaden REALLY wanted to dance and sure spent a long time picking out JUST the right girl. Unfortunately he picked a girl that I'm sure wanted to deep down, but OH, the scandal! She told him no multiple times. Poor kid. But he bounced back, he had back ups. If one told him no, he'd ask "her". If she said, no...he'd ask that one. The funny part is that when he FINALLY got the guts to ask a girl, he danced with her for like 1 min and then left her standing there. Song NOT finished. I was just about to snap the photo, but then he wasn't there! The little bugger. LOL...I laugh just thinking about it. Sorry no photos of him dancing. But he did! He even finally danced with Miss "NO". She came up to him and said, "I'm still available." So he danced with her....for like 2 minutes. Better, I suppose.

Mykael...expressed who she wanted to dance with and so whispers began once we got there to try and set the two up. Eventually it was made known that he would dance with her, but SHE had to ask him! Luckily that didn't happen, he asked her and it was cute! SUPER cute!!!! They even danced the WHOLE song! She danced with him once more before it ended.
Ashton...was too busy chasing his friend around and "sneaking the girls" he says. But at one point, he walked onto the "dancefloor", (where mykael was dancing) and said loudly, "Who am I going to dance with?" there she was, Miss "NO!" standing alone. So Mykael told Ash and he danced with her. Just like that! Way to go for the throat son! Hold on to that. That will get you far.
Dylan and Eli hung out at the water table, using up all the plastic cups. And that's about it. They didn't want to dance, so I was a wall flower that night. Missing my true love and wishing I was swaying in his arms......gross...to much. Sorry.
*no picture of me...but here's the dress I wore.
2 comments:
Mykael, Jaden, Ashton, Elias, & Dylan, I think you are all Beautiful and Handsome. Wow! What a special night for you to participate in and I bet Mom looked like a $1,000,000 bucks.
W
Well, Audrey, you just got a glimpse of what your children will be like when they are all a little bit older and its the real thing. Wow! did they're personalities show or what?!!!! Maybe you'll get another chance to watch Dylan another time. I love the pictures and you all were dressed to the hilt!
Very enjoyable to share in this event this way. Love the pictures.
Love you all & I miss you.
Grandma Lewis
Nice dresses. Glad you have such good connections.
Post a Comment