Dad called me this morning and asked, "What do you think about 10.2?" My response, "MILES???" "No, my time. 10.2 minutes a mile." (It was still early, it took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about.) Dad is totally going to leave me in the dust. (My time? not fast enough to record. I'll keep you posted.) But I'm happy for him. I hope he gets his best time. By the way, dad. You are not allowed to wait for me. (Not that you planned on it, just saying.) This isn't Table Rock where you carried me down that whole stinkin mountain. You're on your own with this. If you feel so inclined as to finish it and then drive back (yes I'll be that far behind,) and drag me to the finish, then by all means, you are more than welcome to. But IF (and that's a HUGE IF) I am able to keep up with you, how cool would that be. I've just got a LOT of work to do.
Ever since yesterday, I wanted to get out and run some more. I have tried to decide if I should run alone or push the stroller. Today, I wanted to just get out there and run. SO, I pushed the double stroller. NOT a runner stroller so the control was not stellar. But the weight, Oh yea, I felt it!
Thoughts:
* I really love my husband and the support he is with me for doing this bird-brained-not-thought-out race of mine. I know he would do it with me if he could. I LOVE you!
*"I can't do this!"
*"Oh come on, (I was getting disgusted with myself) run to that van, tree, corner...and then walk for a minute."
*"This WILL happen!" I don't care if I'm the last."
* "My head hurts."
* Eli's words of encouragement, "Run mom, RUN!" "Ok, Stop mom." "RUN faster" "ok STOP".
Papi, If I write down all the songs I like, will you compile me some Running Music? I've got a few already that I like. (The Killers, "east or west". I don't think that's the actual name of the song, but it says that a lot in the song. All American Rejects, "the wind blows". Brittani Spears, "Amy"....don't remember the rest....that's it for now.)
Anybody have some suggestions to pump-you-up music. (NOT the screeching guitar rock that is out there.) Something upbeat.
4 comments:
This is going to be quite entertaining - FOR SURE. I especially enjoyed Eli's encouragement.
My thoughts right now "Hope you don't die!' I would.
Love you and I still think this is cool.
MOM
This is going to be quite entertaining - FOR SURE. I especially enjoyed Eli's encouragement. Sounds like the perfect trainer to me!
My thoughts right now "Hope you don't die!' I would.
Love you and I still think this is cool.
MOM
I listen to NPR podcasts on my MP3 player. I can't do music because every song has a different beat and it affects my stride/pace.
There's a reason that people listen to faster beat rock music to get them pumped up for an event. But to listen to NPR, you might as well listen to Gregorian chants or children lullaby's. You could try william tell overture, 1812 overture or http://cdn2.classicsonline.com/media/64kMP3Preview/NAC/0730099528221_01_05.part.mp3 (Copland: Ballet Rodeo: Hoe Down). I did listen to Enya at track meets to help me relax and try and delay some of the anxiety. One other you could use for a mile time is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-4J5j74VPw (Bolero; Ravel)
Post a Comment