Thursday, April 30, 2009

SO Excited!!!!....

My grandparents mean the world to me!!

Grandma L. has had a huge Iris garden for as long as I can remember. Every time I'm up to visit during the blooming period, is definitely a treat.



I feel my time with both of them is becoming shorter and shorter, so last year I requested a start from a few of her plants to replant here at my own home.

Some day, my dream is to have an Iris garden like hers. The colors and sizes and textures and smells they come in, truly make an intoxicating.... breathtaking view for ANYONE visiting.

The contentment just seeps over you as you sit in a lawn chair with an ice cold soda and gentle conversation as they ask me how I've been and hearing the love that has coated those words, will be a high priority goal of mine to reach for when my own grandchildren come to visit me.

When I went to check on my own plants I discovered two buds on one of the plants, I'm thrilled to bits and just CAN'T wait to call them and tell them. I know they would both be tickled pink and so I patiently wait for a resonable hour to call.


Grandma gives the reaction that I was expecting, "Oh my!" And grandpa chuckles. The kind of chuckle where you can HEAR his bright smile spread across his face. (I need to record that the next time I'm up.)
Now all I have to do is wait.

1 comments:

Alisha said...

This makes me really miss them. I want to hop on a plane right now and spend a week with them.