Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Help!...I'm out of control...

...well, not yet at least.


So because I've got such a bigger tank I feel like I need to fill it with more fish. The options are endless and I now LOVE going to the pet store to see what other tropical fish I can get. Luckily I have to wait a week or more between each new fish, so I'm being forced to practice self control. Which is always a good thing.

Our two new "friends" are guppies. They have large silky, wavy, colorful, tails and that's why we got them. (It reminds me of Pinnocio's fish, Figero with the way it swims around.) One is orange and yellow named "sunburst" and one that is Black and orange named "Ra" (After the egyptian sun god.)


We have yet to name the sucker, but I liked Gwen's suggestion of Oogie. Jared would rather it be Oscar. So we'll see what the kids start to call 'him'. I've also had the thought that there are a LOT of "males" in the tank, so we could just say that 'sucker' is a girl and name her Princess. I like the contrast in naming something so disgusting to something so elegant. If only I could secure a crown on it's ugly head.

OH! and we got a new decorative piece too!

4 comments:

Alisha said...

Yes you are - out of control that is.

Put the fish down before something bad happens...

Gwen said...

There's something fishy about this blog...

I'm going to cast another vote for "Oggie," but I think your misnomer is plenty clever.

Joe and Nat family said...

Are fish cheaper than dogs though?

Oliver Lewis said...

when we come over next can we pet the fish and play fetch w/ monet?