It's been hard to find the time and motivation to blog any more. (And facebook has kind of stolen the show for a while too.) With the economy the way that it is and work harder and harder to find, I find it hard not to loose yourself in the hopelessness and depression that inevitably follows suit. I have found myself pondering the times in which our grandparents went through similar situations and wonder, "How did they do it?" "What were they feeling?" "What did they focus on to get their mind off the chaos that was exploding around them?" Obviously, what they went through didn't kill them and they survived. I keep telling myself that and patiently wait the impact.
With watching some of conference this last weekend, a particular talk reached out to me. (I don't remember who or when) but was told that through difficult trials in your life, try to be optimistic. Look for the lesson and learn from it. Don't let the harshness of the hurdle get you down.
The reason I have done so much canning; peaches, pears, apples, pickles, bananas, tomatoes... is to help with what may come and have come to find the peace of mind I get from ensuring that my family is cared for.
(I strongly suggest that when your in the grocery store next, that you buy an extra item in which you are purchasing.)
If any of you are going through an extremely hard time in your life, know that you are not a lone and that you will be ok. Consider it the refiners fire. How beautiful you will be once you have learned and overcame your obstacle.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Feeling hope, when lost
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very strong wisdom Audrey! It is impressive to see your outlook on things! Praying for you!
You rock Aud.
Post a Comment