When potty training Ashton I focused more on the 'day' portion. At night I bought the pull-ups and told myself that once he "mastered" the other I would focus on the night. (And I guess I wasn't wanting to do a lot of laundry that comes with night training.) Well a week ago, he told me that he didn't want to wear diapers to bed anymore. I figured since he wanted to stop, then we should try? I got out a pile of underwear and a pile of towels and went to bed expecting to be woken up in the night to him being wet. Of course I stopped any consumption of liquid by 6pm and made him go to the bathroom before bed. Surprisingly, in the morning he woke up dry as could be. I was so proud of him! But again that night, I didn't want to count too many chickens before they hatched and kept my two piles next to his bed "just in case". And again, dry the next morning. I was becoming more impressed. Well a week has gone by and my two piles of unders and towels are still there, unused. I'm thinking that it would be safe to put them away. He was definitely ready and I'm so proud of him for that.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
When you're ready, you're ready...
Posted by Audrey at 9:07 PM
Labels: Ashton, Boys Will Be Boys, Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
YEAH! Aud, that is so exciting! I am wanting to potty train my kids the same way. That is cool that he made up his mind and that was that. If I were there I would be taking him out to get an ice cream sunday.
Yeah! Ashton, I am so proud of you! You are really a big boy now and will be able to do more big boy things. I'm also glad that you chose to be free. Come and visit us in Idaho again, soon! Love Grandma.
Aud, every once in a while you get to be rewarded! Isn't it GREAT. Love MOM
YOu know that the minute you put away the towells and underwear he'll have a night-time accident, right?! It is as if the towels' presence are responsible for the dry mornings. Beware.
Funny you should say that because the morning after i put the towels away, sure enough i found a little piddle spot on the top sheet. I think that he was just laying there awake and felt the "urge". Thinking he could just "go"...he did, but realizing (a milisecond later, but long enough to let the stream go, stopped himself and finished in the toilet. BUT...since then, he's been dry every morning. I forgive him this time.
Post a Comment