With Jared on the road so much, I had the opportunity to take all the boys to Idaho to visit mom and dad. We only planned to be there for 2 days and ended up staying 4. We were busy the entire time playing or helping grandma and grandpa. This is what we did....
Grandpa suggested we buy some dinner and go eat at Centinnial Park by the river. Great Idea! Anything with play equipment and water, is ALWAYS good!
The Blue Angels Air Show was going on this weekend as well and since we didn't quite make it in time to see them on saturday, we went sunday and parked outside the airport. I would have to say that they were my favorite activity while being there.
We also got to go to the new temple open house with grandma. I didn't get pics that day, but I did get this one before. It really is a beautiful place. All the detail that was there could keep someone very enthralled for each continuous visit!
"That way grandma!"
I told dad that we wanted to learn how to syphen water in the fields...
...so, we did. Jade was trying really hard to get the rhythm. It took awhile but when he got it, he went right down the row to do the others....
...And Eli was right behind him to pull them out and yell at the water.
Ash just kept splashing the water with the pipe until he tried to suck the water out. Not very tasty river water.
I had done it before but I must have forgotten how hard it was. BUT...I did get it.
Dad was working on a house and was just about finished with it. I wanted to help him get it done faster. Jade and Ashton helped as much as a young boy could. (They had a distraction... a little beagle puppy named Tipsy. Cute little thing!)

The morning before we left, I found the "constructs" for the boys to play with. I thought they might like them, and they sure did. They couldn't really figure out how to make something with them, so I helped them.
No, I don't know what they are. But they can fly. THAT was the important part.
An Idaho sunset. I really really miss those. We had them like this every night we were there.
Thanks for letting us surprise you mom and dad!
3 comments:
Dad and I had just been to see the Blue Angels Air Show, I stopped in town to take care of a few errands and buy some milk, when Dad called me on the cell and said I needed to hurry home to take care of something.
I'm thinking - Oh no, what did I not turn off. I knew I had turned on the water outside on the garden but it hadn't been that long. All the lights were off (it was daytime). The clothes were done and the machines off before I left. I finished washing the dishes. I hadn't cooked anything, so the stove was off!...
It was a really great surprise. I had just talked with Audrey earlier and she commented how hot it was.
The little sneek! She was in the car and on her way here! And there they stood in the yard waving to me as I pulled in. Good thing I stopped to buy milk.
Then I was worried about the boys having fun things to do to keep them happy and feel like it was fun to come to grandma's and grandpa's house in the country.
Audrey took great pictures and as you can see, they became "Country Boys"!...
...and the rest of the time was spent playing outside with the neighbor boys and their fun toys (tramp, Jungle Jim with splash pool at the bottom, swings, shooting bows and arrows, throwing frisby, and riding bikes!
Inside the livingroom looked like war zone hit it, IT DID! I found the army toys with soldiers and tanks and boat and airplanes.
We did alot of eating and plenty of popcicles in the freezer. I was worried that I would put back on the 20 lbs. I've lost but I checked this morning and I am still okay.
Church Sunday at the Spanish Branch
was an experience for them. Audrey got to have my friend Blanca sitting near to her and have her interpret the R.S. lesson. They got to listen with headphones to the missionaries interpret during Sacrament Mtg. I just found a primary picture on my fridge today - I guess was busy to notice the beautiful temple that was drawn during primary. Thanks Jaden or Ashton.
While Audrey and Jaden and Ashton went to help Grandpa, Tues. I had help spreading grass clippings around in grandma's garden. Eli was a Great Little Helper and his idea of spreading grass clippings was burying his feet with it. He could carry the bucket(6 gallon, when it was empty)like a Big Boy(with his hands over his shoulders and the bucket on his bac - his choice of carrying)and fill it up to overflowing. He is very strong and stayed on task until we were done. Dylan learned the difference between dirt, grass, rocks, and manuer! YUK!!! After setting the sprinkler, Eli inspected it and was satisfied that I had it set just right. Okay, we got a little wet in the process. I decided the best way for us to clean up was a spray of the hose. We needed a big drink of water and a popcicle when we were done. Some lunch for Dylan and then a nap during the hot time of the afternoon gave us energy for the evening activities.
By evening, Dylan was finally warming up to me. Dad's activity idea was go into town to Arctic Circle for ice cream shakes. We had all just eaten a late lunch of chicken and mac or potato salad right before we went into town for icecream. After, we all climbed back into the car and Grandpa drives to a little Mexican Restaurant and announces to all that we hadn't had dinner yet. We were all so full before we went in. We rolled out to the car, into the house, baths and then a bedtime story from Grandpa after which we rolled into beds.
Jaden is ready to come back soon to set siphen tubes in the fields.
Audrey the first night we sat outside on the chairs, commented that she could handle the country life just fine - PEACEFUL! We had a great visit and today is a little lonely around here.
YA'll come back soon now, ya'hear!
Lots of Love from Grandma & Grandpa!!!
Wow mom, thanks for bloggin on my comment page, you covered everything that I didn't have "documented" on my camera. And Dylan eating maneur?! You didn't mention that one.
It sounds like it was an action packed fun filled weekend. I think it is neat the boys got to try their hand at watering the fields with the siphon tubes. Nothing more satisfying than good hard work. Feeling like you have accomplished something.
Post a Comment