I've come to realize that my tolerance/patience is improving, when it comes to Eli. Hence, being desensitized.
Lately, when he's done something 'wrong' I'd go to correct him and he instantly starts to run away. (The one downside of having a 'loop' in my house. I could run circles all night long if I wasn't faster than him. Not looking forward to the day that his speed exceeds my own.) Anyways....Once he starts his sprint, I start to smile. Because... he's laughing as he disapears around the corner. I have to slow my pace so that I have time to laugh and wipe the smile off my face before I make eye contact with him again as I cut him off coming in the opposite direction. (If he sees even the slightest upturn of a lip...it's a game. I'm still trying to perfect that aspect of this cat and mouse chase.I've never been good at keeping a serious face.)
The point of the story.... I had a friend over today and we had gone in my bedroom to go look at something when I noticed the pleasant smell of my oh-so-precious-discontinued-bottle of baby lotion......empty......on the floor/carpet.....in a rather intricate design. Apparently it had happened earlier because Eli walked into the room with us. Now, back up a short time, Eli enters the room we're in at that time and smells quite nice. He had taken and shower with daddy and i assumed that Jared took the time to grease him up afterwards. I didn't think anything of it, just enjoyed the whiff as he came in, butt naked of course. Fast forward to us discovering the "mess" and I say (in a very defeat-ish way) ...*BIG sigh* "Oh! Eli. You made a mess!" and he says, "mess?" "Yes. a mess." "There?" he says, "yes, right there. That was very naughty. Time to take a nap." I think he realized that this was not going to be something to run away from, so he, quite voluntarily, allowed me to be escort him to his bed. Then go back to clean up the greasy mess. I have concluded that when he went to grease himself up (no Jared didn't), he discovered that it squirts. Kids LOVE anything that squirts. SO....he squirt it on my dresser, on my carpet, on my bed steps, and in a tote (luckily that was empty.) I managed to salvage most of this very special substance back into the bottle. I don't know if I got it all. If a large dark spot appears over time....then I guess I didn't and will have to look up our carpet cleaning guy. (Yes, we have one. You can't NOT have one if you have a son named Eli!)
*Note: You may wonder why I covet this silly bottle of baby lotion. Well I'll tell ya. It's because it is the "old" scent of Playtex's baby lotion. They no longer make that scent and I've even gone so far as to call the company and ask them why. The person said it's been discontinued for unknown reasons! I was SO upset, so I went online to ebay and purchase 12 bottles of this fabulous stuff before it was gone. So, to me....every little drops, TRULY, counts.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Desensitized by Eli
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I liked how you said that little ones love to squeeze and squirt! It is so true and when it makes a mess everywhere they love it even more!
Post a Comment