Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hogal Zoo



We went to the zoo today. The reason being... Mykael and Jaden were invited to go to Lagoon with Aunt Launa and so to soften the "rejection blow" I took the little one's to see the animals. (In all fairness...a trip to the lagoon with aunt launa would've limited their experience with the big rides, so we will save up for a family lagoon trip.) These are our pictures of our outing today. My friend Sarah and baby "L" got to come with us and it's always nice to have company. Considering I had my hands full continuously...these turned out fairly well!

If you ask Ashton what he saw, he'll tell you that he saw a buffalo on the train.


We were on the train ride and you actually drive right through this buffalo pen. A woman behind me asked another, "How come they don't charge you?" Good question. My thought was, "probably because this train is bigger than them and moving rather fast, so I think they prefer to let this fast moving beast continue on its way.

If I were an animal...I'd pick the zebra. Just love those stripes!

Doesn't this monkey make you want to cuddle right up to it and snuggle? I love that face. So stuffed-animal like.



Not as good as Alisha's elephant picture, but I liked how "she" (all elephants at this zoo are female, one is even pregnant! 13 months along...only has 8 more months to go!!!) just flopped her trunk onto the rock. It was a lazy day in the zoo for the animals today, I guess.



I thought this monkey was cute carring around this little monkey toy.



Another lazy animal pic.



Gobble gobble gobble. Maybe someday I'll gobble for you. My family loves it when I call them every year on thanksgiving and gobble at them.



*As requested...the "Aud-o". (kind of hard to take a picture of yourself and your three little ones, with one in your arms. At least I got all the heads.)

3 comments:

Alisha said...

You forgot to capitalize most of your letter "i"s. Just a gramatical pet peeve.

Good pics though, I like the zebra shot. I am amazed that their stripes go all the way to their hoofs.

Oh, and you forgot to post the picture of the most un-usual animal. I think it's called the "Aud-o."

Audrey said...

Thanks for the reminder....I actually do have the "Aud-o"!

Audrey said...

Lish-The "i"s...don't know what you're talking about. I checked them all out and they were all the way they should be...gramatically speaking.