Saturday, April 23, 2011

Alice In Wonderland

This cake has been in the "works" ALL year long! Ordered all the way back in January. It was until about 1 1/2 months ago that the theme was picked, so I've been stewing for a long time. I even watched the movie and took notes! Seriously! I had a notebook and pen the whole way through it.

 They wanted Alice but focused more on the Tea Party aspect of it. SO...to incorporate enough of the movie to make the cake a reconizable "Alice in Wonderland" cake, I snatched a few key elements from the movie to hint as such.
 Flowers

 Checkers and hearts
 The Twinkle twinkle little mouse.  *the blue little stars* This is "steam" btw.  :o)

Tea Cup and the little "Eat me" cookie.


And it is finished!
**************************************
Bottom layer: Checkerboard vanilla and chocolate with buttercream filling
Middle layer: Chocolate marble with my secret chocolate filling.
Top: White with pink buttercream

3 comments:

Affirmation Two said...

absolutely stunning, you never cease to amaze me. Can i come to america and me your apprentice? please please please? ill spend the 1st two years sweeping the floor and washing the pots!

the topsy turvey shapes are made for this theme.. and the roses look so real. I could tell the theme from the tiny fumb nail.

Jessica and Tom said...

Wow!! Audrey this is fantastic. I do believe it is your best cake yet!

Ang said...

I just love this cake! Everytime I look up your blog, I scroll down to see this post.