Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I miss blogging

After going through some old posts, I realized that my blogging has kind of taken a slumpy turn. I feel like I haven't really had anything to blog about so I just haven't. Jared started Barber school last fall and with him being gone, I've been a little more busy than normal. He's got about 7 weeks left, and my life may return to a more less stressed pace.

I've got some big cakes coming up and could not be anymore excited. It's hard to not want to just start on them now, but I do believe in freshness. They are on a more difficult level but I'm ready for the challenge! Google "topsy turvy cakes" and you'll see what I get to do!

Update of my monkeys...cause we all know they grow so fast.
Mykael never ceases to amaze me! This chicks' heart is solid gold! Unfortunately I can't necessarily take credit for that in the genetics department, but I hope that some of our talks have contributed to who she is becoming! Without going into too much detail she basically has kept a neutral ground when it comes to friends and the nasty whisperings that so often occur at that age. She has been able to look at situations with a non-judgemental perspective and been patient with the outcome. Even when she was the "butt of the joke". She has the amazing ability to squash any gossip or rumors that come her way, stopping any further hurt to her or anyone else. I just love her for that! She will definitely be an amazing friend to whomever she meets.

When you find a nitch that just works in your life you go with it. And that's how Jaden is with his karate. It's his and his thing alone. I'm excited to see him continue to earn his belts again and compete in competitions. He'll be awesome!

Ashton's "love" has moved away. (or rather my choice of love for him.) Lilli moved 7 hours away and my only hope is the story of the Swan Princess. Before she had left, I took him to the store to buy her a locket. Her mother and I have high hopes that distance will make the hearts grow fonder and just like in the movie...they'll live happily ever after. I know he's only 6, but a mom can only hope!

Eli...........is still Eli. Still constructing things with the junk he finds around here but these things are becoming more functional. I think there's more of my grandpa W in him than I thought. He's ALWAYS making things or wanting to buy things for his friends. LOVES wrapping them up and giving them as gifts. He's just going all the time. But at night, he's ready to lay down and cuddle with Jared or I. He's so soft and so warm all the time! And his hugs are TIGHT!

Dylan is SOOOO friendly! Says Hi to EVERYONE! To the point that it's distracting. He talks loud (poor thing gets that from me) and asks a LOT of questions. He's definitely the star of his own movie/life. And people love him. We can't go anywhere without him having struck up a conversation with at least 3 complete strangers. And they walk away smiling. His faith is definitely sprouting. And I love talking to him about that. With the sweetness, there's an equal amount of red-head temper. And we'll just leave it at that.

I'm anxious for warmer weather. I'm itching to get out in the dirt again. I've got flowers to plant! For now, I'm just doing what I always do.

2 comments:

Affirmation Two said...

aww arnt you just the bestist blog stalker! <3

YAY flowers. I hope to see photos.

Alisha said...

Oh. I miss those kids of yours. Way to set in my guilt for living so far away.