Monday, October 11, 2010

Since my camera broke, I feel like I've had nothting to blog about. But I'm going to sit down and bring you up to speed. Without pictures. My camera is in being fixed so I guess that's reason enough to post.

Ashton and his team has done so well with football. Up until this last saturday they had only lost one game. The game on saturday was a battle for the number one team to beat with playoffs. But they lost. Barely! 1:30 left to make a goal. 8 yards from the endzone....but the other team held them back. They boys played really well that day. They now have to continue winning until they face this team for the championships.

My big giant pumpkin is still connected to the vine. I'm not sure that it's growing anymore. But we're going to wait a little longer. Maybe at least until the vine dies. It weighs in at 71lbs. and measure 59in. around. Not huge, but not small either. The second largest pumpkin weighed in at 34lbs. That one is still definitely growing!

With canning and harvesting this year. I bottled: Tomatoes, Dilly beans, Salsa, and Pears. I still am waiting on my grapes to sweeten up to make jelly with. We have dried potatoes and apples. My next canning attempt will be applesauce.

In the last 3 months, Jared has lost 30 lbs. His method was exercise and smaller porportions. When Ash has his football practices (3times a week) Jared would just walk and run around the field for the 2 hours Ash would practice. I'm really proud of him. He also goes out on some nights with the kids and runs. It's fantastic for me, because he wears them out right before bed and makes nighttime routines that much smoother.

The road construction in front of my house is even worse than it was before. (I didn't think that possible) But the road has been since torn up and there's a lot of dirt ALL the time. And cars are now coming (after construction crews go home) and peel out in the dirt. Really bugs me! They are also leveling the lane where they want to extend the freeway lane and it's like THISCLOSE! It's less than 100 meters from my doorstep! With winter months coming up quick, I know that crews will work less, therefore prolonging it all. OR...if i'm lucky. Take 3 months off while a beautiful blanket of white covers up all the ugly.

Kid update: Mykael, I believe, has settled into junior high nicely. Parent teacher conferences showed that as well. Jaden is living up his last year of elementary and "ruling the school". Ashton incorporates football into EVERYTHING. School work, recess, cleaning the house, running with dad, and constantly tries to talk his little brothers into "playing" with him. Eli LOVES preschool. He got into the program they have at the school and his teacher adores him. I have to say his paintings are really cool! Dylan had a hard time adjusting to loosing Eli to school, but quickly got over it when he realized it was just him and I.

I feel like I need to say, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year now! So I'll just end it before I get any more cheesy.

Oh! and my Last Supper cross-stitch...I'm still working on the table cloth! (Once every few months!) So it doesn't look any different from the last picture I posted of it....forever ago. I was hoping to have it done by the same time I started it...November. Not going to happen. I'll just be more realistic and shoot for finishing it within 2 years!

1 comments:

Adrienne said...

love all the new pics of your fam! and I love your short hair. Very cute (Chris is doing the same program...exercise and less food and is doing well too) Are you going to can your pumpkin when it's done growing? And what in the world do you do with dried potatoes?