Sometimes when my husband gets an idea, the best thought I can describe to you, that pops up into my mind is "here we go again." Because I have a dreamer of a husband. And sometimes they don't really pan out the way he originally plans. But thinking back now, I could say the same for myself as well as a few others. Some might say, "That's life".
So when my husband decided to plant 3 small "giant pumpkin" seeds in the rocks in front of my house I "pa-shawed" him and went on with my business planting sunflowers. Those little seeds did NOTHING all summer long, and was starting to think that they were duds. Then one by one a single little sprout popped up in its own individual spot. So cute. So pathetic. To tell people it was going to be a "giant" was kind of a joke.
But a joke it no longer is. Those little seedlings have made their presence known. And my sunflowers too!!! :o)
It's already over 100lbs. We're going to weigh it tonight to see how much for sure. So stayed tuned.
2 comments:
I love the idea of bringing your garden into the front yard. (Somehow I feel like I've made that comment before.) Jared's pumkin has great color! And, so do your sunflowers.
WOW! Holy Moly! That is sooo exciting! Those are going to be fun to carve as well as maybe submit them to the local fair... just an idea. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment