Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Day at the Lake....

In my mind lies a world of perfection. The memories and the ideas. I know there are some not so perfect thoughts, feelings, or rememberings but they're in the very back, collecting dust and being forgotten, if not forgotten already.

Today, we're going to talk about the perfect ideas caged up in my head. On this particular day, I envisioned a perfect sunny day at the beach. With a perfectly happy family. And perfect activities for the kids.

Seeing that we don't have any ocean's beaches anywhere near us, we decided to go to a perfect lake in the mountains. It was sunny and warm. We found a perfect boat for a perfect price. (It was on sale!) And my perfect idea was forming out nicely. We loaded everything up and found a portion of "beach" that was vacant. Everywhere else was packed! Couldn't get more perfect than that!

We got all set up and headed out to the water. But then my prefect day was put in jepordy, but without a second thought knew it would just blow over without blocking a single sun ray. We were going to be ok.

On second thought, maybe a slight slipup in the perfection of the day. But I was going to be a little lenient. Enough to let the clouds blow over then resume the sunny day in which still shown bright in my perfect little mind.

I was sitting in my chair when I felt something. One small something with no source to come from other than, UP! I waited (and held my breath) for another small something and sure enough, I felt it. I immediately voiced my disgust to my dear husband, but remained optimistic that it would pass quickly.


And quickly it did NOT pass by. My refusal to let go of a perfect day at the beach was not going to budge because DANG IT, we just got here and I just set everything up, and we have our own stinking BEACH!!!

We just did a little rearranging. That's all.

A few more layers to cover my perfect offspring's minds, that were developing on their own.

The rain eventually stopped. And the wind, not so much.

but that's ok. It was perfect! For this picture!

It helped with the momemtum to get that perfect little mouth around the perfectly LARGE bite!

(yes, Mykael. I totally just took that picture. You're welcome!) :o)

Our perfect boat being used for the prefect reason.

There's really nothing perfect about this picture. Other than the perfectly humungus....mountains in the background. What? You looking at something else that's perfectly large??? The water?! Yes, it was.

After awhile, the envisioned day resumed to where it needed to be. The kids had a great time with all the sand castle equipment I brought along. The tupperware drawer had loads of fun bowls and cups to use.

The water even became warm. (I think perhaps because of the perfect 70 degree temperatures we were having.)

The only not-so-perfect incident that occured that day. After this picture I was instantly up to my waist in water pulling this little eager fish out of the water. He found a rather deep hole. Real quick!

Perfect frollicking.


A perfect day. Wouldn't you agree?

0 comments: