Thursday, April 22, 2010

Biking 101

Step 1: Protection. Whatever you've got will work. Even if it's a pot with duct tape. Secure the noggin. You'll want to keep it.


Step 2: Wear the most atrocious outfit combo you can find.


Step 3: Hold the seat and handles. Just like your driver's ed teacher did to the stearing wheel in high school. Now we know why.

Step 4: Children tend to gravitate towards objects of harm. Stay close!




Step 5: Let daddy take over once you realize your outfit is unfit for pictures.

Step 6: See step four!

Step 7: When driveway is too cluttered with JUNK, move to larger unobscured location (church parking lot).

*"Eli, You are doing SO GOOD!"
"I know"

When confidence has improved, introduce trick riding.

And just for fun, let's throw in some hecklers as well.
Step 8: when unsure of your newly aquired "skillz", try tongue thingy.


It works!


Step 8: Get a good riding distance to perform your stunts.




Step 9: Forget what you were doing by the time you reach the end.
Happy Riding!


*Due to an outside observation of my own selfishness, I have revised this course to two very simple steps....

Step 1: When a properly attired adult let's go of your seat, Ride like a bat out of hell!
Step 2: Make your momma proud!!!


P.S. no scrapes, cuts, or bruises were aquired with the making of this post.
The end. :o)

4 comments:

Alisha said...

So was the lesson for you or for Eli? I'm pretty sure most of the instructions were geared toward you and your outfit. Ha ha ha.

I didn't see any blood in the photos so it must have been successful. Way to go Eli, Mom and Dad.

GrandMOM said...

Awesome Eli & Dylan & Heckler,
I get to see you all ride like the wind in just a few days.
Mom's outfit may not be photographic but:
1. ... it sure looks comfortable.
2. ... it is the outfit of a redneks wife.
3. ...it's the latest staight off the Paris runway.
4. ...all of the above!
Love YOU all!!!
GrandMOM

Adrienne said...

love the commentary. Cute pics!

Gwen said...

Nice. I guess I better follow your how-to and teach my 7-year old how to two-wheel like a bat outta hell, too. :o)