*I think I broke my "ring" toe today. Ashton and Eli were wrestling and I was minding my own business sitting in my chair with my feet propped up when they come crashing down on me with such force that Jared had to stop me from saying things I would regret later. It really hurts! I was going to run tomorrow. Bummer. Now I can't. ;o)
* I've decided that I hate being 30. I feel Unentitled and Uncool. I love some of the styles that are out right now, but feel that I have reached the point in some young adults eyes that I'm not cool enough to pull it off. And when I try, sometimes I feel silly. So I usually resort back to my frumpiness. UNTIL one such as I comes out looking awesome in the things I like too. Then starts this cycle again. *sigh* Jared pointed out that it sucks when you come to the realization that you aren't "cool" anymore, or even better, that you never were. Me? Never was "cool". I was always the trusty little lamb that folowed in the shadows. For now, I will continue to assume that my littlest ones think I'm the coolest person EVER.
*Ok, so Jared and I just bet on how long it would take for the boys to come back in the house from playing, crying. It was 7:17 at the time and he bet 10 min from that time. Keeping with the #7 I chose 7 min. I'm VERY proud to say that EXACTLY 7 min later. On the dot. We hear that first cry. I totally rock! Cause I'm cool like that. Oh wait...no I'm not. Dang it!
*At the beginning of the school year. I told Mykael I would pay her 1 dollar for every book she read in the school year. I'm thinking I should've offered 25 cents instead. I'm now in debt to her OVER $100 dollars and we've got one more trimester! But I think that's awesome. She's an amazing reader like that.
*In the past few days I've had the opportunity to show compassion and love for someone that did it to me a few years ago. Some of you may know already but a very dear friend from St. George/ Las Vegas suffered a MASSIVE stroke about 6 weeks ago. He has since miraculously improved enough to be moved up here to a specialty hospital for rehabilitation. He's paralyzed on one side and can't talk much but after the past few days he has said my name! Shrugged his shoulder, raised his eyebrow in interest, and smiled. I've been there in the mornings and at night just to be with him till his family can make the arrangments to come up. I'm enjoying the one on one time with him but it gets frustrating when it comes to communication. (Or the lack thereof) I don't know if he's comfortable, cold, warm, in pain, needs something. And the guessing game continues. So for now, I try to make sure he's well covered and warm and that all his needs have been met for the day. I DO know that anything I may be lacking, his wonderful wife will pick up the slack once she arrives. I kid you not, she WILL make sure everything is taken care of, and then some! ;o)
*Ashton lost a front tooth. The other one is on its way out too. He looks kinda cute and funny. Love that boy!
*Eli said, "sexy momma". I may not be cool but I'm sessy. ;o)
What are your random thoughts?
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Random Thoughts:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love your post! How fun. I think you are cool and trendy. What I say to you I say to all... Do it, wear it, believe it because you can!
"I feel unentitled?" What does that mean? I think you just need a little confidence. We always feel silly when we don accessories or new hairstyles. Even the "cool good looking girls" feel silly until they get used to it.
BTW - "sessy" should read sexy.
Post a Comment