Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Never a dull moment in this house

Eli and Dylan found a pack of daddy's gum and took off with it somewhere to consume in secret. I of course didn't know this till this morning when I woke up to this:

The first thing I did was go online to facebook and plead for help as to what I should do.


Peanut butter and ice were the number 1&2 suggestions. Then a call to mom of course was needed as well. She suggested butter and ice. But we settled on olive oil since it was the common substance in all suggestions. (ya know, cause olive oil is in peanut butter, ice and butter, right? You knew what I meant so please move off my back so the monkey can climb up to it's designated position. Thank you!) ;o)


I was hestitant to start picking at it since it was in such a tender spot. I even picked at it a little bit and he cried out. So I decided to wait till daddy got home. (ya know, cause it's ok for a daddy to toture his children than it is for the momma) He has a way of calming (holding children down) while I quickly get the job done.


But this time, Daddy didn't even need my help. He just got right in and got the job done. NO CRYING AT ALL! Impressive!


The oil worked wonderfully. And now his skin is nourished as well.

BUT THEN.......(in the meantime).....We were driving home and Eli exclaimed that gum was on his chair. I look back and he's trying to stand up with a very cartoony looking sticky clump of gum attaching the seat of his pants to the seat-in-which-he-was-supposed-to-be-buckled-into-but-he's-all-hudini-like-that. I pulled over. Stripped Eli down and proceeded home (with caution. Cause that's how I roll).


This was the method I chose for the extraction....(kinda ceral killer looking huh? yikes!)







Piece of cake!




It worked beautifully as well! So there you go. Living proof that gum in hair, clothes, and carseats doesn't mean an instant meeting with a dumpster. (ok...I wouldn't throw my kids away because of gum in the hair, but you know what I meant! Right?)

3 comments:

Lora said...

Is it rude to tell you that this post about the gum really cracked me up? Thanks for the smile and I'm glad you got the gum out of everything!

Gwen said...

Nice. Any suggestions for getting foundation out of carpet? {{grrr}}}

Also, the word verification for my comment is "prego". I think it's talking to YOU!

Alisha said...

Gwen pays too much attention to the word verification...

The gum looks really gross in the pictures, not like gum at all.

Glad it all came out so easily.