Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Who said they couldn't live together?

Since getting Kortana, I (among others) have worried about Monet feeling 'displaced' even more than he already is. With Korah (dog), all the kids that invade my bed in the night...one would think he would be feeling neglected.

So when the birds came along, it was a cruel joke to him.....or so we thought. In the 2+ months since they've been here, I would say that Monet has adjusted quite nicely. At first he would pounce 'towards' them but never in a serious way as to catch them. (I think he's a dairytarian) At one point Kortana actually landed on his head while he slept.

Then, just last night, she hopped onto his back and sat there for awhile. And he even stayed put. He knew she was on there, but didn't move until I got up to get the camera. (of course!) But I promise, it happened! I WILL get that picture.

And then this morning, Monet was in an extra playful mood and so was Kortana. I had the camera with me then and was video taping them. She now "purrrs" like he does. I did it to him and she mimicked perfectly! I'm not satisfied with the footage I've got of her "purring", but I will get a good one. Just give me time. I look forward to the time when she hops on his back and goes for a 'walk' around the house with him.

I have to say that it has been SO fun having her here. And just as annoying. She can be pretty persistant when she wants something. (like your breakfast!)

0 comments: