Thursday, October 15, 2009

Today, I live in a.....

*Restaurant's Kitchen. Or at least the 3 loads in the dish washer (TODAY ALONE) hint as much. I've tried to master the skill of puzzles because that's exctly what loading the dishwasher requires. The maximum amount of dishes to pack in and still be in the position for optimum cleaning. Unless you're a ten year old boy and think ONE large bowl is the only thing that fits in the bottom. And leaving the rest for his sister to load during her turn.

*Laundry Mat. Or at least the 4 (and counting) loads piling (and by that I mean a giant mountain sprouting from my comforter) atop my bed hints as much. The thought crossed my mind today as I was walking in my room to the bathroom, "I've got this under control!". Because the path paved in dirty mismatched socks, crumpled up t-shirts, inside out unders, halfturned in and out jeans was now magically resembling that of actual carpet fibers in taupe. But then....I made the mistake of venturing down to (previously mentioned) 10 year old boys' room and discovered a mountain that puts my mole hill (yes it was that big), to miserable embarrassing shame. Luckily the next 7 loads (yes 7!!!) Will not increase my mound but dissapear back into the far corner of this house it appeared from. (After the laundry mat does its thing, of course.)

*A Zoo. Or at least the 3+ cages that were cleaned today hint as much. I give zoo keepers a higher respect for what they do everyday to keep all those critters content. Window washing, poop scoopin', and fresh water and food. You rock Mr/Ms. Zoo Keeper. And thanks. From the animals. I'm sure they appreciate it. As do I.

*An Insane Asylum. Or at least all these screaming, crying, fighting, confrontational pre-adolescents hint as much. Or maybe the growling, saliva drooling, chomping hints that it back to the Restaurant we go.

Any exoctic Realty in your neck of the woods?

3 comments:

GrandMOM said...

Clever! Very Clever!!

You need to label plates, cups & utinsil by individual name and each individual gets to put it in the dishwasher - guests included! That way everybody learns how to put together a puzzle. And if they get a drink of anything, they have to use the same cup all day long, rinsed in between uses. Little guys need help - of course.

Let the ten year old wash his own and he might decide to wear less clothes in a day or at least make sure clean are put away (not to be mingled with dirty & in a basket). It's amazing when kids have to do their own laundry how quick the pile gets smaller. (I want a picture of your carpeted floor) ha ha!

As far as the animals are concerned they thank YOU, Mr/Mrs. Zookeeper for a clean home to live in.

Last, invite the Great Physician in to visit your Sanity Hospital and have Him bless all your 'patients' and the 'Hospital Administrator' with His Presence.

[Maybe a chart is in order for jobs/with instructions. When done and checked by the administrator, it can be checked off. AJG & ESG are big enough to start helping. You are the boss of your Asylum and you get to make the rules.]

Love you! GrandMOM

P.S. You already know how I am doing in my Insane Asylum. I am feeling better today!

Gwen said...

Love this post, Aud. Our homes sound interchangeable! (All but the cages for animals...allergies, ya know.)

Alisha said...

In the past week I've lived in/with a free-roaming toilet.