Friday, October 9, 2009

Speaking of Tasting Blood....

Ok, no was talking about blood except Eric a week ago....it just sounded good and I'll bet it caught your eyes for those of you who have that gadget that tells you when someone has blogged and the title for the latest post.

(Thanks Eric, that makes a great title to a blog)

Just this past Monday, a new gas station opened up. There's another one (which I go to) just kiddycorner from the "new" one. No big deal, right? Well, it has now become a big deal because when your "new" you want customers. And if you're a gas station you sell cheaper gas to get those said customers.

Everyday since Monday they have lowered it, causing the competitor to lower as well. At first it was a few cents. Then the middle of the week came along and dropped about 10 more cents and sometimes it dropped twice in one day. Of course the other had to lower as well. It was quite amusing to watch.

On Friday, Jaden asked if he could walk to the new place (don't have to cross ANY busy street) and because I'm a mother (and wanted a drink for myself headed down the street.) Picked up Jade, like a creepy stalker, and headed to the "new place". The lines waiting for gas was insane! At the spot I was parked, I couldn't see the price so I could only guess what it could be now. Only after getting my drink and driving away....did I notice this!

And then this!

I went and told jared about it and decided to fill up. (Who wouldn't!?) We wanted to fill up all the vehicles but only got to the one.

The next day we were kicking ourselves for having not filled up the rest because it was right back up to where the rest of the nation is, I think. Around $2.40gal

1 comments:

GrandMOM said...

Great temporary break for you!
MOM