I seem to be running faster than I can blog! Ok. Not really, it's the opposite. I'm actually quite disgusted with myself. I run every other day and Day 11 went ok enough. Didn't run very far. I wasn't in the mood. But still got out there and ran about 1 1/2 mi.
But today, Day 12...Oh! I ran! WITH korah. For the full 3 miles! I thought for SURE I was going to break my 30 min rec from last week, but nope. Not at all. Not even close. 45 min!!!!! How disapointed was I to come home and check the time? Pretty disapointed. SHOCKED! Korah was even pulling me quite hard at times so it encouraged me to "just keep running". So I did.
One hurdle that seems to not want to work "itself out" is a painful sideache that makes me want to stop running altogether. I have tried to drink more, drink less, eat less, stretch differently....But haven't had luck. Time is running out and I'm kind of worried that I'm going to totally bomb this race. Awards are at 9 am, so I'm assuming that they expect all the runners to be in at the time. (I'm NOT expecting any award btw!) But if I can't be back within an HOUR of starting...I'll just wipe all these "Training day postings" and pretend that it was all a bad dream! K?
Thought: Other than utter disgust...
* 2 1/2 blocks of constant running. It's getting better. But after that first "walk" it's hard to keep that 2 1/2 block running mark.
* I wish I had a corset to cinch, when my side started to ache... I wonder if I could use.....nevermind.
* I really broke a sweat today. Usually it doesn't come 'pouring' until I've reached home and am "cooling down". But the back was wet.
* Dylan's been throwing up since yesterday afternoon. I got to "run away" from that for 45 MIN!
update. Mykael was watching him. NO he didn't leave any sort of mess for her to clean up! She's a fabulous sister! The compassion that chick has is more than I will ever have in this life.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Day 11 & 12 of training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment