After walking Ash to school this morning, I started my run from there and pushed the double stroller. Oh, how I hate doing that!!! I'll be honest and say that I didn't run so much. I was trying to control that darn thing. So I only went two blocks and headed home. After getting home I felt like I cheated myself and promised that I would run tonight, with Korah, and I did!
Now, I REALLY wish that I had Korah with me during the race! I'd have a time any one would be proud of, that's for sure. WOW...How much of a difference it was to run with her. I now know how the duration of my training will go. Run at night (perfect temp), with Korah (so she can give that one/two/or 27 tugs to encourage me to keep running. (Here's praying that the day of the race, the wind will be at my back.)
Tonight, my side was aching and I had thought that I had waited long enough before running after dinner (about 2 hours), but I guess it wasn't long enough. If it weren't for the stupid side aches, I'd be able to run longer. I wish I was able to really break a sweat (just to have solid proof that I AM working hard at this running thing), My legs are feeling good and my lungs are...adapting. I'm making it home without feeling like collapsing. Sometimes, even wanted to go right back out.
Thoughts: (Didn't have too many, I was too busy running like the wind. Or having the wind pull me...)
* "Wow, there sure are a lot of people out, this late at night."
* Korah wasn't winded at all. (her tongue wasn't even hanging out of her mouth!) So I took her to the park so she could do REAL running.
* I'm having a hard time giving up the "treats", candy. I can tell the difference when I eat them and run... compared to not. I know what's good for me but it's still hard.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Day 6 of training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment