I'm posting from afar, so no pictures.
I took yesterday off because I was packing and dealing with kids, then traveling. BUT this morning I was able to run with Dad. (Who gets to run with me in the race.) It was raining so I thought that I was off the hook. (amatuer...I know) So when I saw dad this morning, he told me, "when you want to run?" I answered, "It's raining." Didn't stop him so we got dressed to go. I grabbed a hat and sweater, wishing I had pants to wear instead of my cute running skirt.
Turned out pretty nice with the rain. Felt good. What was even more cool was running with dad. It solidified what I already knew....he's totally going to whip right past me and finish with an unbelievable time. I'm excited for that.
Legs still hurt and even the tops of my feet. Weird!
Thoughts:
* "Dad...just keep going, I'll catch up."
* Thanks for letting me walk a little bit...ok A LOT!
* Wow...I did 1 1/2 miles today.
* I like energy bars. YUMMY!
* I don't know if this is a new "way of life" that I will want to continue. I really hope that changes because I WANT to like it. I'm too frustrated with my body right now to think anything, long term.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Day 4 of training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aud your dad loves you and is really proud of you for doing this. Don't worry about olympic qualifications. I don't. I just want to have fun. I'm looking forward to a good time. I invite anyone else who wants to participate. Whether they have shoes or need to be chased or not. :)
Dad
My thoughts:
Keep going - you can do this!
Easy for me to say - huh?
Maybe having you body adjusted might
help the hurts - even your feet!
I'm proud of you - hang in there!!!
I am the cheering section - how am I
doing?
I love you!
MOM
Post a Comment