Monday, May 18, 2009

Chicken Ramon Salad


I'm not one to turn this blog into a food blog, I'm really not one of those kind of cooks. BUT, if there is some "love" in the food area that I want to share with you, I will.... You're welcome! If you've had this... feel free to comment to the joy of it's healthy goodness.
This is a recipie I got because I was sick. My aunt brought me dinner, breakfast, and lunch (in that order). This was "lunch".
It's one of those light, fresh, tasty dishes that are craved after a week of saturated fast food consumption. (Hubby will vouch for that) And SUPER easy to make. After you've tried it, thank my aunt!
1-2 chicken breast cooked and shredded or chopped
1-2 bunches of sliced green onion
2 pkgs Top roman, Roman noodles, long noodles, (Whatever you call it) smashed to small pieces
1 bag Shredded cabbage and carrots. Or the "cold slaw" bag in the salad area of your store.
1/4 c sliced almonds
1/3-1/2 c red wine vinegar
1/2 c sugar
1/3 c olive oil or veggie oil
Cook chicken and season to preference. I did onion salt and garlic salt. Set aside to cool.
Combine Vinegar, sugar and olive oil till sugar disolves. You can even heat it up if you'd like. Add chicken to the liquid and marinate over night or up to 4 hours. THEN...throw it all together and you're done. I thought maybe adding in craisins or sunflower seeds.... would still make it taste really good. Be creative.
It actually made quite a bit so this would be great to take to pot lucks or just to have to munch on. Yummy yummy!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

mmm i love this salad! We add the Ramen seasonings to the oil/vinegar dressing at our house.

GrandMOM said...

Thanks for posting this recipe, Hun, I've never had but always wanted this recipe and never could get anyone to give it to me. I'm so glad that you got over the crud you had. Now we and more can enjoy this yummy salad.

Thanks Brenda for doing what I couldn't do for Audrey, being too far away. You took care of her right away - even with your busy schedule. You are a wonderful sister!

MOM