Wednesday, January 7, 2009

An eventful trip, indeed.

On the trip home, Jaden made the comment that it was quite an eventful/lots to see, trip home. Looking back, it sure was. And I only got one picture. (I know I'm a bad blogger. Where is my commitment?) First off, we saw ice fishers on the lake and I listened to Jaden as he expressed how he wished he could walk out and do it to, while I was thinking, I WILL NEVER walk on a 'thin' layer of ice. Even if it is 10ft thick! A thin layer of ice at a skating rink is sufficent. I know there is solid ground just beneath it. I'd allow my toes to get a wet.


Next we saw this! HOW FUN!!!



....Anyone out there that knows what this is called, PLEASE let me know so that I can look it up and then wish that I had the upper body, arm, and leg strength to do such a thing.

After that we stopped at this super cool lodge, at the top of a pass, that had snowmobiles zooming all over. I almost felt out of place with my car, there were so many! Oh, how I wished that I was there snowmobiling.

Following that, Jaden noticed a HUGE bull elk (I know, Tom...I should've pulled over and turned around to get a shot!!! Regrets.) that was stuck between two small trees, up the side of a mountain fairly close to the road side (perhaps that's why it didn't continue walking. It would just get closer to the road and the "unnatural" things in its life). All it had to do was continue walking through the trees to get unstuck. I turned to look but only for a split second. (We were driving down a hill on snow covered roads and a semi in front of us. My priorities were elsewhere) but I did see enough of the animal to see its head. It was later confirmed by my mom and Kael that they too saw it also. And it was HUGE.

And the last thing we saw which was more of an unfortunate event but definitely demonstrated the dangers of driving on icy/snowcovered roads... (I LOVE my 4-wd vehicle even more!) A car that had rolled. We had to sit there in front of the wreck while the officer allowed the oncoming traffic to get through the one lane that was opened.

And in closing....drive safe this winter season! ;o)

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Um, I think the official name is paraskiing. Or maybe I made that up.

Alisha said...

Coming home from where?