Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas break was spent playing with the new "goods" that Santa delivered and then right before we had to be back to school we went to visit daddy in "Dino-land".




While he was at work during the day, I took the kids to a dinosaur museum. I think they had a pretty good time! There weren't many people there so I was able to relax a little and just let the kids explore what they could.


They had a lot of interacting activities for the kids.

This is my favorite picture. Looks like Mr. Rex forgot to ask for his 1 1/2 teeth for christmas.


Can't imagine what it would've been like to get ripped apart with those things. Glad I was born when I was and not with the cavemen.


Dylan playing with the not-so-scary dinos.


Ok.... So, I'm a sucker for imprinted fossils and here, they had this HUGE wall of nothing but. During the short "10 minute video" at the beginning, it was explained that where water used to be, ANYTHING that fell into the water and rested on the bottom, the floating sediment would just "rain" down on whatever/leaf layering it in mud and eventually (with enough mud/weight, kept it preserved in that shape for like, EVER! So when the expedition took place, they came upon this "layer" and found all sorts of glorious things. EXCITING!


How much more perfect can you get, from a million years ago?


Mammoth

Raptor


Glow rocks ( For as dark as it was, I had to hold the camera as still as possible while the shutter allowed enough light in to take the picture. And for those who know me, I tend to shake a little. SO,I think it turned out as well as possible....for me. )


He was determined to get down himself.


Butterflies. There's just something about them being aligned so perfectly that I don't mind them being dead. Otherwise,I think they belong on a nice flower...in my garden...alive.



They had some cool American Indian artifacts, but my batteries were dying and the quality of pictures were declining/blurring. (But I do believe that Mykael may have gotten some. I'll have to steal those later.)

1 comments:

Gwen said...

I think you took great photos. And they're already posted, so you get an A+ in my book. (My blog is suffering from photo neglect right now.) It looks like the kids had a good time. Isaac would love a dinosaur museum like that.