Since I've been loosing more fish than I would have liked... (Ra has recently died as well. I was super upset about that one!!! My only thought is that he missed Sunburst so much, he died of a broken heart.)
I decided that enough was enough! Time to stop being so reckless and try to actually be successful at keeping a silly little fish alive. Really? Does it have to be THIS hard? (This has come a LONG way from just buying a "goldfish" for eli!) I've invested in the fish, tank, decor, rocks, fish, solution, more fish, even a "black light" (that didn't work) to make my neon fish glow, and did I mention more fish?
I finally took the time to research (that should've been done BEFORE hand) and found that ANY kind of tank, fresh or saltwater, has to go through a cycle. I'd attempt to explain it to you but I really wouldn't be able to, properly. I do know that ammonia is BAD, bacteria....GOOD! ;o) You can look up the process here. But through reading, I have since purchased a solution that encourages the process of cycling, quicker. (I'm having to speed it up because of the current residents residing ALREADY. i.e. prevent any more fish from dying.) I have been adding it for about 4 days now and my water is starting to look foggy, YEAH!!!! It's actually working! Because of that....I was feeling a bit confident and bought these three VERY beautiful (double click on the pics to see the super cool markings) fish! Yea, I know...reckless. Oh well. (Still working on names. Open for suggestions) AND....a LIVE plant. (They help speed up the cycling too!)
This one looks A LOT like Ra did, other than the tiger markings on the tail. I acutally bought him before the next two.
The orange one, I liked for the color. And the yellow one.....click on the picture and you'll see why.
Yo-yo and pip-squeak with the new 'furnishing'.
What a happy little active tank! At least until another one dies. :o)
2 comments:
I think you should name the yellow one Candy Corn, because that's what he looks like.
Also, name one Phemen, because that's the word verification I just had to type. :^)
I think you should name the multicolored one 'Tango' because it looks like it is wearing one fancy Mexican dress. Want to dance?
or maybe 'Esperanza' or 'O lay'!
Love you,
MOM
P.S. It was fun to see these fish in person!
Post a Comment