Well, I did it! I've stepped into the canning thing and actually succeeded. With the help of Jared and Mykael we got two batches of 7 bottles done last night. I had noticed the day before that our pears had fallen off the tree and decided that we needed to can them before they were unsalvageable. This is the first time doing it without my mom and it's been years since that happened so Jared and I were quite pleased with ourselves to have such an awesome turn-out. (Although, my mom did get phone calls up until 11pm with questions I had during the process. Thanks for letting me keep you up!) One bottle didn't seal so we had it for breakfast this morning. For some reason, Eli thought they tasted better dipping his hand in and pulling one out, as opposed to me dishing it out in a bowl for him. Big surprise, huh?
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
congrats on getting such a bountiful harvest. Thank goodness for Moms!!
Yeah Audrey! Congrats! They look beautiful!
Post a Comment