After getting home from the camping trip, we encountered a storm that lasted until about 3pm. today (monday). During which, a lot of my corn, and sunflowers were blown over in the high winds.
It's ok because we needed to harvest them and this was just a slight shove in that direction. I'm happy with the outcome.
Our happy little farmers.
The corn was delici-ous!
Dylan thought so too. He chomped on this little piece until I pried it out of his hands and gave him another to work on.
For those of you who remember all the way back when we planted our garden, that I mentioned how Jared planted 49 melon plants? Well....Here's the one melon we got!!! If the odds are 1/50. Then next year we're going to have to quadruple our plants to get enough for one meal! It was sure a little one, but really sweet.
I'm excited for the sunflower seeds. We'll definitely get a lot. Also...you can only harvest the giant sized sunflowers.
Luckily we had plenty of those too and we'll get a bunch of seeds from them.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Mandatory Harvesting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am very impressed with your harvest. Did you ever get those tomoatos the spiders were guarding?
Hey Audrey, Your corn looks wonderful! Doug and I have been enjoying your tomato, and squash.
Your Sunflowers were beautiful the other day too.
Hope you had a great time on your camping trip, the pictures are great.
Love ya!
YUMMY!!! I have to go out and look to see if I even have any ears of corn starting to grow. The stalks grew while we were camping. It looks like Idaho Farming rubbed of on those boys, and they were hauling the harvest like Grandpa! NICE!
Love Grandma
Post a Comment