With summer winding down. (ONE week to go till school starts....... Do you hear that?....... The choirs of Heaven are singing......... Halleluja!) But I'm not off the hook yet when it comes to being creative as far as keeping kids entertained ALL day long!
While I still had all the boys and Mykael was having time with her grandma. I had the thought of going to a construction site where they were building a new house and ask to take the scrap wood. Fortunately for us, Bonnie works for a company that does just that and had a list of places to go to scrounge for this awesome loot.
I remember as a child, Tom and Brian building things in the wood pile on the side of our house and them building a rather "cool" (child's definition of cool) club house with scraps from jobs my dad did. Now that i had boys of my own, we needed a wood pile!!! The house we were sent to had quite the gold mine. Jaden saw 'potential', I saw "quiet-time-while-my-boys-sat-outside- nailing-all-day-long"!
After we got home with our newly aquired 'wood pile', we needed nails. Once all the boys were furnished with the essentials. Hammer, nails, Lowe's apron to put nails into... I started to show them exactly how to do it. Apparently they needed more than just showing them how to hammer a nail. (They're born knowing how to do that!) I had to help build walls and then nail them all together so they wouldn't fall down. So, it turned my "quiet-time-while-my-boys-sat-outside- nailing-all-day-long" into sweat time. They had a great time and I actually did to.
It's not quite finished. Jade is having his turn with grandma meow now. But we have till next monday to get it done. Summer projects are meant to be finished in the summer, right?
We've got a climber.
He loves this truck so i let him climb it.
I didn't realize that he was going to be this good and balanced, so of course i had to capture it. He'll do this in the car too. Goes straight for the stearing wheel and climbs on up.
Didn't fall once.
3 comments:
I can't wait to see the finished project!
You have pretty daring boys Aud!!! Glad that they are living their summer to the max in every aspect. Are we all so blessed to have grown up around construction so we know how to do fun stuff like this... Love you!
Any kid that has that good of balance needs a slack line for Christmas or Birthday or something. Joe
Post a Comment