So when I woke up this morning, I did my "rounds" around the property and found that we had had a theif visit our humble home in the night. I was shocked at first, thinking, 'who could've done this!?' And 'why'? I immediately started racking my brain on who or what could've done something like this. I came to one conclusion and it was comfirmed after speaking with the authorities. He/she was even wearing a black mask, no less!
Here's the clues I've got!
Exhibit A: Shows us the scene of the crime.
Exhibit B: Shows us the evidence left behind. Nothice the thin shredding of the husk? THAT was the tip-off.
Perpetrator at large: The Raccoon (Procyon lotor), also known as Common Raccoon, North American Raccoon, Northern Raccoon, Washing Bear or informal Coon.
After talking to animal control this morning, they just happened to park across the street after my discovery, I asked them if Raccoon were common in the area. He said that they were quite plentiful and that I'd be surprised on actually how many there are. After presenting my evidence to him he definitely thought it was this cute, cuddly, and RABID animal as the culprit. They had a trap already set up elsewhere in town and that they would bring it after that. (My thought, "they've only got ONE trap!?) Thankfully, the kids were with me while I was speaking to him because he turned to them and told them to stay away from them if they see one, that they are mean and rabid. (Tom, I may need your help with this one if a trap doesn't work! That filthy little varmit ate 7 of my corn!!! I have to admit that I take that as a compliment though, it wouldn't eat that many if it wasn't good corn. Can't wait to eat some for myself actually... if there's any left after this whole ordeal is over and done with!)
Oh! And don't forget to view the pictures below and vote for you favorite!
0 comments:
Post a Comment