Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ashton's 4

Ashton turned 4 yesterday. I have a hard time comprehending how fast that time has gone. But have enjoyed the 4 years i've had with him so far. He has brought to me understanding and great joy at what it's like to have "your own children."


We wanted to go ride go-karts and have wanted to try this fun place, but when we get there, he couldn't drive them, and Eli couldn't even have a ride due to his height. We were pretty bummed. Jade and Kael were able to drive the little ones, and i was able to give Ash a ride on the larger ones. (Jared and Eli had to sit that one out.) After we were done with that we headed inside to play some games. They had a huge play gym (kind of like what you would see at Mc.Donald's) but yet again, Eli was too short and wasn't able to go play. I was quickly loosing my interest in the place and came to the conclusion that "Boondocks" is NOT a place for children 5 years and under.
After a few games, we called it good and went home. We had a cake to decorate and dinner to make. Plus presents hadn't been wrapped yet. Fast forward a few hours and the cake is decorated and dinner was ready. I wrapped while everyone ate and then opened presents. He got what he wanted, a spiderman skateboard. (He hasn't really even ridden it yet so far, but he'll carry it everywhere he goes. It's almost as big as he is. He loves it and that's what matters.)

With the toys he got, they all got interested in playing with them, and it wasn't until about 9:00pm. I remembered that we hadn't had cake yet, I had completely forgoten. So I went to round everyone up for the cake. We sang and had him blow his candles out. As you can see in the picture below, he really was a blowing. He got one out, but was having a hard time with the last three. He blew and he blew and he blew. But it wasn't until Eli climbed up and in one quick breath, knocked out the last three. Funny stuff! But thanks Eli, we would've been there till the candles melted to the cake.

1 comments:

Jessica and Tom said...

Cute cake! Very impressive dinosaur. I'm glad Ash had a good birthday. I think Ryan might end up with Eli's height problem. Bummer being short. I'm sure they are just late bloomers. They'll end up taller than everyone. (at least I hope for his sake he is taller than at least 50% of the girls)