Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Milestones

We went to Desert Industries (second hand store) to look for some pretty prints that jared makes frames for.

 And in search of some possible treasures, Dylan found a little bike w/out training wheels. To humor him, I set him on it and pushed him. To my complete surprise he actually peddled a few times and fell over (in my arms). So our search for a nice picture was abandoned and we left with a bike for Dylan. He was determined to learn how to ride a two wheeler. And if was there mentally, I was there to support him. Although I wonder if it had had training wheels, I would've taken them off to teach him. Probably not because I would use the cold as an excuse to wait till "next year". But luckily I didn't, I put my coat on and spent some backbending painful time teaching him. (It's kind of far to bend down that much for that long. Waaa waa waa. I know. Poor me).



So we tried two different times that day until he was sent crashing to the ground and scraping his lip and chin.

The next day resulted in this video.


It's the little milestones like this where the pride just bursts out of a parents chest. His grin was comparable to the one I had on my face.


2 comments:

GrandMOM said...

Awesome Dylan! I am so proud of you for learning to ride that new bike you found at the DI. You are such a quick learner. Now when you come to Idaho next summer, you can join us all on bike rides around the river, and ride with your cousins!
That will be so-o-o FUN!
Love you, GrandMOM

Alisha said...

This is exactly what I was looking at when Tom called. I've wanted to take off Genevieve's training wheels for months. It seriously makes it harder to learn how to ride.

Dylan is awesome. Maybe we'll call him up and he can peer pressure Genevieve.