Sunday, May 8, 2011

Under the Sea

I have been wanting to make a sea creature cake for a really long time, but no one ever requested one.

 Till two weeks ago. A freind of a friend saw some of my cakes and wanted to order one. :o) Happy day!
 She said they were going to the aquairum (or having an aquarium themed party) and wanted something with and "Octopus, stingray, and of course nemo fish". The rest was up to me. *love that!
 I added, a sea horse. starfish, a shell, and seaweed.

I did marble the fondant with blue and green but it's not as noticeable as I'd like, in the pictures. In person...it was pretty cool. (if I do say so myself.)

(Cake: White cake dyed blue and green for checkerboard. Top tier: marbled blue and green "white" cake with freshly sliced strawberries and glaze.)

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I need to think of a new word, other than wow, to use for your cakes. How about - Spectaular!

All of the sea creatures are stupendous, but the barnacles are my favorite.

Affirmation Two said...

I just have to show you this. http://www.neatorama.com/2011/05/15/hot-chocolate-cupcakes/

inspired?