Friday, April 15, 2011

Happily Ever After

*If you haven't read the post directly under this one. Do so, first. This is part two!*

....After last nights emotional ride, I couldn't sleep AT. All. It was really horrible. I kept thinking about Aspen and when I'd try to close my eyes, I would instantly invision having her on my finger for those few seconds. Only this time...kicking myself for not pinching her feet against my finger to trap her til I had both hands securely around her. PLUS...all the noises of the night kept jarring me from almost being in a sleep state. I planned everything I was going to do in the morning. Wake up with the sun when all the other birds were up and head back over to the park. We kept the large cage in the car for that sole purpose.

 When morning finally came, I dressed VERY WARMLY! and headed out with Dylan. Jax in the little cage. Of course. The instant I walked down the front steps... I could hear her! VERY CLOSE! Jax was chirping crazy too. I frantically searched the trees around my house and found her in this one....
 Yea, that BIG TALL pine. Nice! So I walked over to that drive way and peered up into it. You wouldn't think you could see anything in it because it's so thick. BUT I saw her! In that one little hole way up high. She could see us too! Of course. I had no idea what I was going to do now. As I was staring up into the tree, something caught my eye and I looked away for a split second and she was gone when I looked back. I didn't see where she flew to either. SO....I walked up and down this sidewalk, praying she hadn't headed back over to the park!  I found her on the other side of our house in those neighbors, trees......
 Yeah....those big huge one, right there! U.G.H.!!! I'm kind of sick of all the huge trees now! There is NO way to climb them because a good 20ft of trunk is in the way of that first climbable branch. I never could see her in these trees, but I could hear her. And Jax too. They were going off at each other. When Jax wasn't chirping, I had youtube parakeets playing on my phone to keep her noisy to try and pin point her. It wasn't until she started flying that I saw her again, heading in this....(see picture below)....direction! She headed toward the direction of the mountains you can see in the bottom right side of the picture then circled back around and landed in the tree that you see between the to skinny ones in the middle. That's two houses down from me and I headed over there.
By this time, she stopped chirpping. Nothing would get her going again. I walked back into their yard (the lady said I could go back there when I was looking yesterday. I extended that invitation into today. It was for a noble cause.) With Jax in tow we went back there. She was on the end of a branch, puffed up (cold obviously) and sitting there watching us. In that tree, is a treehouse platform that I attempted to climb (with Jax and cage), albeit very weakly and clumsily. I'm not as slim and limber as I needed to be. I did managed to get up into it. By this time she had tried to fly down to closer branches, but was still about a foot out of reach. I wasn't going to ruin this opportunity so I was talking to her really calmly and moving slowly. She didn't need to take off again! I climbed up a bit more and slowly reached out with a cupped hand. She was pretty anxious to hop on my finger but still pretty jittery as well. I reached up enough that I was able to pinch her tail quite firmly. She didn't like that one bit. It was more discomfort than trying to fight me. She was ready to be caught! I quickly got her in the cage and she was SO excited to see Jax! They greeted each other quick warmly. Smacking beaks together and chirping.We came home and she's literally been sleeping ALL. DAY. only waking to eat. Not one peep has escaped her beak. Jax chirps quickly, almost as to not wake her. So cute!
And that is the end of this story. 
And, YES! She will be clipped!
**********************************



This next picture is just a picture of the new sound barrier that they have FINALLY placed.No more ugly construction. Just landscaping. 
  I don't think I like it. Nothing like a big huge wall to stare at! Covers too much and I can't see the mountains on that side of the valley anymore.  

0 comments: