Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I've been a little busy.

I haven't posted any cakes for awhile but that doesn't mean I haven't been doing 'em. This was for a big baby shower in Idaho. Took a LOT of planning but the theme they gave me was from Baby's R Us 'Jungle Jill' themed.

 Giraffe has hand painted spots. But really it's the lines between the spots.
 The monkey was so fun to do. She really turned out cute. love her tail.
 The elephant had the coolest print and I was anxious to try it out.
 The little thin ribbon around the top of the bottom layer turned out perfect! Didn't know if it was going to work.
 I also made 2dozen cupcakes and HAD to get these paper cups to go along with the theme.
 They turned out tasty looking.
 ...and another kind of paper cup to use.

This next cake was a spur of the moment. Like out when the babyshower order and in came the idea to make a cake for my sister-in-law and drive to idaho to surprise her for it. Kinda didn't think that through because I could've delivered the baby shower cake myself.
 I had a vision for it, but in my vision is was teal in color. I didn't have teal color so we went with pink. And I don't think i had anything healthy to eat that day. The writing was awfully shaky. Note to self; eat less junk.

I LOVE football. My son LOVES football. And I LOVE University of Utah. Oh! And I LOVE making cakes. It all just made sense to me to put it together. Although not the son part. He already got a football cake a ways back.
This one was for my cousins boy. Good thing it wasn't a BYU cake. I think I'll forever be out of that particular blue color. ;o)

p.s. FYI.... BYU and Uof U are two rival universities. My heart is RED. Ashton THINKS his is blue. There's still time to change that. :o)

3 comments:

Alisha said...

You hand painted that giraffe! Charge more!!!

Adrienne said...

very nice cakes! Is the helmet rice krispies? and I've been learning tricks about having smooth buttercream. What did you do on this one?

Tiffany said...

The Giraffe cake was perfect! Thank you so much for making it! I agree, the monkey is too too cute! I'm so glad you made the cupcakes because I didn't want to cut the cake.