Once a month I teach Eli's preschool class. This month we are learning about different kinds of weather. Rain, thunder and lightning, wind, rainbows, rain.....etc.
I was lucky enough to get rainbows. I say that now, but I was NOT looking forward to teaching it. For some reason, I felt that it wasn't going to be very fun teaching how to mix colors and stuff like that. But I took the time to have a great lesson and the kids loved it.
These were the snacks. Rainbow jello with ALL six colors. Took about 30 min per color to set up. So this project is SUPER time consuming, but super rewarding. It made A LOT of jello cups and it was the biggest hit among children AND adults. I had a blast eating it. The colors look so cool when you spoon them out. Hold it up to the sun or a light. It's so pretty! If you want exact measurements for this recipie...Just ask and I'll email it to ya.
I don't have a picture, but for the color mixing portion of the lesson I came up with 6 of these plastic cups filled with about 1/2 c water. In three separate cups I took my handy dandy food coloring drops and made red, blue, and yellow water. Mix it really well. To make the secondary colors take two of the colors and pour simultaneously into a clear cup of water. MAGIC! The water turns. I was so proud of myself for coming up with it. At midnight. The night before I was to teach.Try it. You're kids will love it! And the jello too!
Monday, January 25, 2010
Rainbows
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Way to go teacher!
Post a Comment