Is there someone who (you're not related to) that makes you smile. Whether from the things they say, or the way they act, or maybe their perspective on life.
I do, and If had thought about it today I could've snuck a picture of her this morning. But I'll just have to describe her to you.
She's in my ward. Actually served with her in the R.S. Pres. Her name is Georgia. (the name alone makes me smile.) I've never called her this but my "mind's nickname" for her is "Sweet Georgia Peach". She has a laugh that is contagious with an outgoing personality to go with it.
When she calls people, she'll leave funny messages on your voicemail. She'll send me emails that leave me cracking up. She always has a smile on her face. And a dog named Jack that they baby so much. They give him a car ride EVERY night. Even if it's to back up in the driveway and pull right back into the garage. Cause he will NOT settle down until that car ride.
They have made me feel comfortable enough to stop in whenever to say hi, so I do. The boys love them.
They keep two lawn chairs in their cars trunk just incase they see a little league game they might want to watch. I think that's awesome.
When I ran in the mornings he would always be out watering his PERFECT lawn and wave as I went by. I even started adjusting my routes just so I could run by and wave to him. He even became interested in the races I had and would ask how I did. It's nice to know that in someones busy schedule and daily routines, they still took the time to acknowledge others. Rare, this day in age. But a gem I will keep forever.
So who puts that smile on your face?
Monday, September 21, 2009
Who makes you smile?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
what a great post!
Post a Comment